As I’ve been getting more experienced with growing plants – I’ve been a little haphazard. I’ve been focusing more on keeping things alive and growing than how they are arranged or landscaped.
I finally bit the bullet – and decided to try my hand at a little bit of landscaping.
Out the front of our house is a small garden next to the driveway which was just basically overgrown.
After pulling everything out I had to tidy up the bed a little, getting rid of roots and weeds to prepare it. I also had to do some running repairs on the fence.
Thankfully I had some little helpers when it came time to plant things, and then finish up with a layer of some red volcanic rock.
I’m really happy with the end result – it looks fantastic.
So what I have I got planted in there?
- 2 large (and 1 small) Agave Americana
- 3 small (but they’ll grow) Agave Parrasana
- A little bit of Pigface (Carpobrotus glaucescens) around the rock outcrop
- A couple of Echeveria ‘Perle von Nurnberg’
- A moderately sized Crassula Ovata
I’m excited to see how it all goes!